Archives

Topics

« | Main | »

Michelle Obama and the SunPower Kidz™: A Solution to Obesity

By Larry Seitz | February 17, 2010

The first lady’s proclamation to reduce childhood obesity is commendable. Her plan would make children more active while enriching their eating habits. These changes would make school lunches healthier, increase participation in daily exercise, and encourage nutritious commercial offerings in the urban convenience store-the purchase palace for city children.

In the past, attempts to reduce obesity have failed. They lacked the understanding of what would ultimately change the obesity problem. Initiating programs to educate parents about healthy choices can be a creditable first step. But without a constant and successful platform, it lacks the staying power to make a consistent difference.

What then is the answer? Who will create the powerful attraction to healthy eating? What will empower the child to be successful? The temptation of uncontrolled eating is a constant battle. Yet, the solution is quite simple.

Mrs. Obama knows what will work. Parents, educators, and business people should listen to what the child wants instead of telling them what they need. To date, the vacuous need has been a disaster pouring millions of dollars down a bottomless abyss. Instead of a successful outcome, unhealthy eating habits have produced destructive behavior that encourages diseases such as diabetes and high blood pressure.

But there is a solution. Enter the SunPower Kidz™. These delightfully fun and entertaining characters have quickly captured the imagination of children for years. When this magical relationship occurs, children interact with their “friends” and a positive view of food and health occurs naturally. It happens so innocently that children become a participating part of the world of these colorful characters. All they want to do is play and be in this magical world with the SunPower Kidz™. Once this want happens, the battle against obesity has begun as the child makes healthy decisions effortlessly. Parents, teachers, and the food industry can encourage the child’s participation just by understanding the motivation of a child’s imagination. Everyone wins, as the battle against obesity is moving ahead.

In addition to the elementary schools, commercial facilities highlighting the SunPower Kidz™ can foster this experience. Cooks and Crafts, LLC, is a prime example of such a creative fun place. This NJ based company has worked intimately with the SunPower Kidz™. They have hosted the emissaries of health and nutrition within their beautifully appealing facility. Children lead by the SunPower Kidz™, are introduced to a magical world where they rule. Here, where imagination flourishes, children are taught how to cook, expand their creativity, and participate in designing healthy and nutritious recipes while learning fun crafts. Additionally, planned virtual areas for children’s limitless expression through exercise are lead by the characters. These experiences offer an environment of change as it fosters a positive self worth image. The unique combination of the SunPower Kidz™ providing the guidance inside the Cooks and Crafts world is unique. Children experiencing fun, boundless imagination and adventure while learning is empowering. This successful model has the potential to be transformed into an urban school setting. Then each child will never be left behind as they participate and grow in mind and body in a healthy and creative way.

All of this happens because children were allowed to use their imagination in a fun and empowering environment of healthy surroundings. Participating in the powerful message of the SunPower Kidz™, children become the big winners. Then, obesity becomes a diminishing issue.

The SunPower Kidz™ would welcome the opportunity to work with Mrs. Obama to help the children of our great country. Her passion and dedication is a noble one. The SunPower Kidz™ are all in her corner waiting to be a part of her success.

Topics: Welcoming Words | 51 Comments »

51 Responses to “Michelle Obama and the SunPower Kidz™: A Solution to Obesity”

1. LEXII M. Says:
    February 17th, 2010 at 3:11 pm

As a young black woman, age twenty two, after reading this blog i am amazed by what was said. I also am a firm believer on intensifying a child’s imagination….FIGURATIVELY SPEAKING!!!
    Using fruit and veggie animated characters to enlighten young children about the PROS in eating them is a delightful and wonderful idea.
    It makes eating healthy fun. It entrapped the young mind and keeps them wanting more and more healthy, fun, and yummy treats…
    Truly this is better than celebrities and our current “FIRST LADY” trying to trick them into LIKING the veggie and fruit…..
    When i say “TRICK” i whole heartedly mean this…because to be honest…at 3,4,5 or 6……ARE WE REALLY CONCERNED ABOUT WHO MICHELLE OBAMA OR CHRISTINA APPLEGATE ARE????
    Not to mention we arent given these things as a toddlerS so what would make HIGHER POWERS OR CELEBRITIES…Orrrr PARENTS for that matter…think healthy eating be embedded into our minds as we grow…
    so, if we devote more time and dedication into giving our child vegetables and fruits at a young age along with the good ol’ Racheal Raspberry and Arthur Atichoke animated characters…we will have a greater chance of ACHIEVEMENT IN BEATING OBESITY IN OUR YOUNGER GENERATION….

2. Malvinia M. Mutts Says:
    February 17th, 2010 at 7:14 pm

Your blog is right on! Mrs.Obama’s desire and efforts to thwart childhood obesity will benefit from an innovative, exciting and informative curriculum based on SunPower Kidz.
    I am a teacher of 20 years in the public school system. I currently teach pre-k 4 year olds, but have taught kindergarten,2nd,3rd,4th and 8th grades. The characters, character education, diversity of character color,shape,size, talent is parallel to the diversity of our students. The lessons That are presented teach about vegetables and fruit, healthy choices, doing the right thing, caring for “petz”, how the vegetables and fruit grow, and the insects that help in pollination. This is an intergrated and cross curriculum approach to learning to eat healthy, pet care, scientific facts, character education, with active characters! Bravo SunPower Kidz!

3. Renee Cece Says:
    February 18th, 2010 at 12:55 am

After reading this, I wish I had something like this when I was growing up. Obesity has been my life, from childhood to adult hood. I fight it every day. Now, in my older years, I look back and wish I had done things so much differently. It is never to late they say, but it is hard. I am still fighting obesity and now it is causing health issues. This article hits the nail on the head so to speak. We need to teach our kids now, so they dont look back later in life and wish, like I do everyday.

4. Diane Bache Says:
    February 18th, 2010 at 2:47 am

I certainly agree with this concept. Children do delight in learning and doing what their peers are doing. When they begin learning in even pre-K they want to do what the others are doing.
    As a mother, grandmother and great grandmother, also a former foster parent of many…I say, this is great!!
    It is never too early to teach good eating and living habits!!

5. Lorna Says:
    February 18th, 2010 at 10:34 am

6. Lenore Palmer Says:
    February 18th, 2010 at 12:08 pm

I have to say the article was highly informative and I only wish that back in our youth we had had such a thing as Sunpowerkidz to motivate and teach us. I have spent a lifetime of yo yo dieting trying to fit myself into doctor recommended weight scales…all for not. I had been on one diet where all I had was liquid protein and while it did work, it did not last, I am currently of the mindset that if I am comfortable, mobile and eating well balanced meals than all is good , even if my weight is above the average. I love all vegetables except maybe avocados, and love all fruits. Perhaps the deterrent for some families is that the cost of eating healthy is astronomical in these days due to loss of jobs and tighter budgets.
    I had been a daycare assistant teacher in another time dimension and we always gave healthy snacks such as apple slices, orange sections and my favorite celery sticks with either peanut butter or cream cheese,
    Larry, Good luck with this endeavor and Sunpowerkidz success!

7. Lee Ann Noel Says:
    February 18th, 2010 at 11:09 pm

I would like to say that I am a friend of Larry’s….and his brain child …SunPowerKidz…is an amazing idea. It’s an awesome way to teach the children of today more about proper health and nutrition. And they have fun learning! Something that us baby boomers weren’t so fortunate to have. Being an entertainer….I travel and see lots of places and meet lots of different people. I see a great need to educate parents and children so we can all fight obesity. It’s out of hand now and will certainly get worse if we don’t start now! My best to you Larry…and I’d like to personally say…THANK YOU! You are doing a fine job with SunPowerKidz…..and I wish you continued luck in the future! What a wonderful idea!!!!!

8. jessenia gonzalez Says:
    February 18th, 2010 at 11:34 pm

I THINK THIS IS A GREAT WAY FOR KIDS TO LEARN HOW TO EAT HEALTHIER AND DO A LOT OF EXERCISE AND BEING MORE ACTIVE THEN WHAT THEY DO NOW. IT WILL MAKE THEM FEEL ALOT BETTER

9. Martha Says:
    February 19th, 2010 at 12:59 am

Childhood Obesity is out of control. The children now days have their lives filled with sports,dance and music lessons,something it seems everyday.This being said they grab something on the run and go. (it usually is something high in sugars and fats) Then when supper times come,they are no longer hungry.
    I’m not sure what the answer is. parents want their children to be high acheavers, We all want our children to have a better life than we had…But at what cost.

10. Leonardo Martinez Says:
    February 19th, 2010 at 1:00 am

If you don’t practice what you preach, a child will never learn proper eating habits. Going to school as a young child, I remember the “Nutrition” classes in 3rd, 4th, 5th, etc grades. Truth is I learned nothing from it. How can you teach a child to eat well and then serve them pre-processed, canned frozen foods. Call a bowl of lettuce with tomatoes a healthy salad. In Florida, Coral Gables High School, sells pizza every day and has soda machines lined up all across the hallways. Not in the name of proper nutrition, but in the name of making money for the school.

11. Michael Pedro Says:
    February 19th, 2010 at 1:24 am

This is a great blog Larry. I definitely think this type of material could ultimately make some sort of a difference when it comes to parent’s and children’s views on food, considering obesity and it’s associated diseases (diabetes, etc.) is becoming way more prevalent. Keep up the good work.

12. Diane Says:
    February 19th, 2010 at 2:12 am

Using the Sunpowerkidz as a way to achieve staying power in encouraging healthy eating habits in children is a brilliant idea. Young children are visual learners and having characters as such to which they can relate could do more good than harm. Children have always been influenced by cartoons and what better way to get them to eat healthy in giving them memorable adorable “kidz” to tell them to eat their fruits and vegetables! a wonderful
    thing to help children to learn the right eating habits early.

13. Sharon Drake Says:
    February 19th, 2010 at 10:40 am

As a friend of Larry’s, I am very pleased to note the challenges to help fight obesity in children. I too face the problem daily with my daughter who is 15 yrs old and is very overweight. We look for solutions daily to keep aid her in eating right and getting proper exercise….but it has very hard especially with teens…they have their own routines about the way they do things and I am pleased to say that this is a good start to a very good solutions to obesity in children…thanks Larry for being able to be a part of all you do.

14. Jean Says:
    February 19th, 2010 at 11:54 am

The children are our future,and whatever good that is done from the heart to insure our kidz are in good health,so they may live healther lifes both now and for the future,will truely be a blessing from above.

15. Kim Says:
    February 19th, 2010 at 3:00 pm

SunPower Kidz is such a great program! There are some great federally funded programs out there that teach the parents of this little ones, hoping the parents can help the children eat more healthy, such as the EFNEP program (Expanded Food and Nutrition Program). But on the other hand, with working parents, children are the ones that are pretty much feeding themselves. A program that can teach children to eat healthier, feel better about themselves and their family, can only make this next generation coming up so much more healthy. It seems the children are going to be the ones teaching their parents the need for healthier eating. SunPower Kidz is right on target for that challenge. I see only great things ahead for this program and for Larry.

16. Brenda Says:
    February 19th, 2010 at 6:42 pm

I agree with the concept. Never to early to start children on good eating habits. I think a family eating meals together with good healthy foods would help a lot. Most families now days, don’t take the time for a family meal at home instead of eating out most of the time or buying fast food and bringing it home.

17. Helen Faust Says:
    February 20th, 2010 at 1:52 am

People are so very busy working, Thay dont have time for the family anymore. I think thats something to do with being over eating to much food and geting the wrong thing at the schools. Its good that maybe something is going to be done abpout it.

18. Ruth Sprout Says:
    February 20th, 2010 at 2:19 am

All of the above comments are very good and hit the problem straight on. Children now learn from watching TV and what they see is what they believe to be “truth”. Having characters introduce healthy eating to children at a young age will make more of an impact on them than having their mom or dad telling them to eat their vegetables because they’re good for them. My mom telling me to eat vegetable because they were good for me didn’t work on me and it didn’t work on my children. Take the tremendous popularity of Sesame Street as an example. It is educating children without them even knowing that is what is occurring because the children are having fun at the same time. I truly hope Mrs. Obama will put her name and influence to see that SunPower Kidz teaching good eathing habits comes to fruition. The health of our children depends on it.

19. Catherine Says:
    February 20th, 2010 at 2:30 am

Every first lady has a cause, many have been for children. I think its an important role for the first lady.. the President has his hands full with the adult world… but the children are (excuse the over use of this…) our future… and somebody needs to look out for them. As a TV-boomer I know the power of the television and more importantly as a mother of children who had and still have very active imaginations… I know the power of stories and laughter. Stories with messages are definately needed… many stories have morals… but without parents sitting beside their children (as in the time of bed time stories)… some morals go unnoticed or unexplained. I was a home schooler for several years and I learned quickly.. that if there is a question and its not answered its soon forgotten…. Let every parent really parent their children… and let them PLAY with their children…. sit down with them through SunPower Kids, play with the REAL “characters” at the table…. make dinner a joy and fun…. not only will they be healthier inside their blood, but their little hearts will beat longer through the happiness and memories. May SunPowerKids be just one of the bonds that my grandson has to learn and laugh. May each of you have one more precious moment with your children and grandchildren by enjoying such a perfect companion that SunPower Kidz can have to your memories.

20. mariline paul Says:
    February 20th, 2010 at 2:43 am

i feel so happy to read this article and the involvement of mrs obama on the issue of childhood obesity.. the sunpower kidz would be such great teaching tools as they will represent the symbol of healthy eating.. i had the privilege of buying them for my children and besides learning about fruits and veggies, they also learned to master colors as those kids are colorful, soft yet strong..(my 4 yr old gave them a bath many times..) my kids love the sunpower kidz and i hope more children have a chance to experience learning and playing with them.. good also to display in the kitchen.. love them.. thanks for creating them…

21. SONIA IVETTE Says:
    February 20th, 2010 at 12:23 pm

I DONT KNOW WHAT 2 SAY,BUT WHAT THEY DOING IS VERY GREAT JOB,SOME PEOPLE DONT KNOW 2 MUCH OF HEALTH,BECAUSE I HAVE FAMILY THAT ARE SICK BUT THEY WONT FELLOW THE HEALTH SERIOUS BUT I DO,FRUITS AND VEGETALES ARE GOOD 4ALOT OF THINGS EVEN YALL DONT BELEAVE IT.CHILDREN NEED THE HELP

22. Debbie Huffaker Says:
    February 20th, 2010 at 4:49 pm

Child Obesity has been a problem for along time. Mrs. Obam has the right idea. Better School Lunches and the P.E. Class. In the past years, only meals some of our Kids get, is lunch and breakfast And the P.E Class was going to be taken out of Schools. I have more ideas, but, not a this time.

23. Karen Haas Says:
    February 21st, 2010 at 12:38 am

I read your article. Keep it up. You are right on track.

24. Lou Cyr Says:
    February 21st, 2010 at 1:31 am

This is a great article. I wish I had paid more attention to nutrition when I was growing up. I have lost 110 lbs in the last 18 months and I am not finished yet. Keep up the good work.

25. Nancy Creech Says:
    February 21st, 2010 at 2:30 am

I am sure that our First Lady and her staff agreed to take on the health issues in our schools as well as child obesity to support her husband’s political views on health care reform. However, I applaud her efforts, as a Mom, to do what is right for her children since they are young enough to make an impressionable impact on them for their futures.
    When I first met Larry and he introduced me to his ideas on the SunPower Kidz, I immediately saw dollar signs. I rarely look at ideas in this manner, because I have been an entrepreneur since 1992 in many online businesses. However, he had me hooked from day one. Timing on his part was impeccable as well. I just became a non-traditional student after teaching all I could in public and private schools for 10 years before returning to school to receive my degree. Upon returning to school, I wanted a clear focus to teach my students as a whole person. As I read, reread, and read scripts, and reread revisions Larry wrote and sent to me, the only words that kept coming back to me were, “This is it!” I shared with Larry, as a Mom, my children, as infants, ate pureed foods from the family dinner before the spices were added. As a result, as young adults, even today, they crave vegetables and fruits over chips, soda, and candy. This can be taught at very young ages. Studies have shown anything that is repeated seventeen times in a row is stored as a lasting long-term memory response.
    As a future educator, I told Larry, “I want this in my class someday.” The curriculum being developed for SunPower Kidz, does include the whole child. There is so much diversity scripted into this program, the possibilities are endless. The other thing Larry and I discussed is to have the curriculum developed into several languages since I am going to be teaching English as a second language. He said, “No problem” as he spoke to me in all the languages he knew. I was doubly hooked when he showed me his unending talents. Although, this is going to be as successful as the hands it falls into, Larry has done an outstanding job to put so much into this since the last time we spoke. Having the Obama’s aboard, even if it is serving a political agenda, I applaud Mrs. Obama’s efforts once again, because it is also serving our children and the health of their futures.
    Congratulations, Larry! I am so glad to have had such a minuscule part in this and I wish you the best of luck for the future. God Bless You, my friend, and your continued efforts to teach families how to live healthy, wholesome lives, and God Bless You for your never-ending love for children!!
    Nancy Creech, P.A.C., N.P.A.C., (and future teacher in Texas!!)

26. Elizabeth Reilly Says:
    February 21st, 2010 at 11:52 pm

What a wonderful, well written blog. Thank you Larry for presenting a not well received topic (child obesity) in such an enjoyable way. The Sunpower Kidz are great at introducing children to the healthy food alternatives available to them.

27. Yoli Gonzalez Says:
    February 22nd, 2010 at 9:59 am

Thank you for sharing this blog. I truly hope that this program to fight childhood obesity works.

28. Maggie Says:
    February 22nd, 2010 at 10:10 pm

Dear Larry, as I work in three schools, I have the opportunity to see many kids over weight, some schools work very hard to find out a good diet for all of them, but when they finish the school day, some of these children are under a babysitter care, because their parents are working, and we know that when they got there many of them eat a lot of sweet cereal or any other snacks that are not helping them in any way.
    I am so glad that here are people intersting in this big problem. Working togheter we can offer them a better future.

Maggie

29. Peggie Gordon Says:
    February 22nd, 2010 at 11:42 pm

Terrific job lovely Lar I’m so proud of you – so well written
    not crazy about the 1st Lady tho but what ever works!
    Hope her staff knows their stuff and gets your foot in the door – it’s all good babe great job keep up the excellent work and power to the SunPower Kidz!!!!
    Congrats, Peg

30. Laurie Says:
    February 22nd, 2010 at 11:51 pm

I think the world we live in has become to fast for all of us. This includes the lunches they serve in our schools. When we were kids we were fed home made lunches with real nutritional value. Not boxed over processed foods. This is where SPK education could make a vast difference in eating patterns at an early age. Especially now since diabetes is now prevalent in school age children and 30 years ago it was rare. Obesity was at a modest level. If we are to continue to support public schools and lunch programs then we must invest the effort to change the programs and find solutions to this. I am so glad that a first lady and a mother of children sees this as a priority of making our next generation first …

31. Margaret in Alaska Says:
    February 23rd, 2010 at 3:40 am

What a wonderful, well written blog. Thank you Larry for sharing this with the world.. The SunPower Kidz are great at introducing children to the healthy food alternatives available to them. If we are to continue to support public schools and lunch programs then we must invest the effort to change the programs and find solutions to this.. God Bless You, my friend, and your continued efforts to teach families how to live healthy, wholesome lives..

32. Brenda B. Says:
    February 24th, 2010 at 12:52 pm

Wow! What a powerful program to fight against obesity for the children! Keep up the good work! Blessings…

33. Nancy N Says:
    February 24th, 2010 at 6:33 pm

Great article. It is also refreshing for the First Lady to bring this to the forefront. Look was has happened since the introduction of ‘fast, faster and fastest’ foods – the people have become ‘fat, fatter and fatest’ in history. How far will ‘we the people’ let it go? Rachel Ray, Martha Stewart —– what about it!?!?!!? Jamie Oliver I think would get on board in a heart beat. While we’re at it – why shouldn’t Oprah get on board and introduce the SunPower Kidz to the world. Great blog – great program.

34. Phil Tygiel Says:
    February 25th, 2010 at 12:39 am

Such simple solutions to such complex problems. Is anybody listening? Good work Larry

35. Gretel Siciliano Says:
    February 25th, 2010 at 5:50 pm

It goes well with what Mrs. Obama is trying to accomplish. As you say, kids love to be creative and will fall in love with these cute food characters and therefore, eat more of the foods naturally. That eliminates the need to “force” eating for the nutritional value which I know I’ve had to do in the past. My kids are much more receptive when foods are introduced with characters or games so I would imagine many others would be as well. Even so, it’s very difficult for me to have them eat healthy at school when all their friends eat nothing but junk. Instead, if it were introduced into the schools, more parents would be inclined to try it.

I think you should send this idea to the White House for consideration – maybe send a few characters and preview disk for their review. What a fun program for kids to be involved with. If you do send it to them, please let us know if they respond and good luck!

36. Zsa-Zsa Says:
    February 26th, 2010 at 1:21 am

A very inspiring article! This is definitely a good way in educating children in an entertaining way.

37. Ayesha B Says:
    February 26th, 2010 at 11:59 pm

I thank God for you in your push in educating the family on obesity. My prayer are with you and Mrs Obama

38. Peggy Turner Says:
    February 28th, 2010 at 1:39 am

This is a great way for children to learn how to eat healthier and be more active. Great program and concept.

39. Sally Says:
    February 28th, 2010 at 10:28 am

I loved this blog piece. As a nurse for 34 years, I have seen the change in children’s diets. Using SunPower Kidz is a fun way to get back to the way we ate as children. Do you remember your mom’s fresh fruit bowl on the table?? When you came home from school,you grabbed an apple or banana or bunch of grapes to hold you off till dinner. I even remember the glass on the kitchen table that was always filled with carrots and celery. Kids love to munch. Isn’t this better than the candy bars and chips??? Get back to the basics with SunPower Kidz and plenty of exercis!e!

40. Danny Says:
    February 28th, 2010 at 12:17 pm

I remember over twenty years ago you showing me your drawings and love for the SunPower Kidz. Through the years the additions of more Kidz and the education on eating healthy was great to see. Your time is here buddy! Good Luck.

41. Yvonne Mouk Says:
    February 28th, 2010 at 12:26 pm

I find it very disturbing that this generation of children are predicted to have shorter life spans than previous generations. I think SunPower Kidz, in conjunction with other efforts to have kids make better food choices and encouraging more exercises in schools and recreationally is the key. Unfortunately, many school disticts cut their gym programs. Many school cafeteria programs need to keep meals cheap. If these children are able to make better choices through education, which the SunPower Kidz can provide at a young age, half the battle has been won.

Best of luck with this program…….

42. Maria Says:
    February 28th, 2010 at 8:35 pm

Healthy living should be a positive, natural part of growing up. It shouldn’t be something that has to be forced on children or that they have to be constantly nagged about. It sounds like the SunPower Kidz know how to get this job done in an enjoyable way for the kids. It’s a great program to promote lifelong, positive habits at a young age….and the rest comes naturally. Keep up the good work Larry.

43. Jennie Raines Says:
    February 28th, 2010 at 9:05 pm

I think the SunPower Kidz are a great way to help kids learn about health. They are fun and delightful. Children will love them.

44. Sheila Says:
    March 1st, 2010 at 5:12 am

I think Larry has created a wonderful concept that is enjoyable, healthy and educational. The interaction with the SunPower Kidz is a great way for children and adults to learn. The SunPower Kidz need to be introduced to
    Mrs Obama and her staff. Childhood obesity, heart problems and other diseases are out of control and these characters could help.

Larry…keep pushing…. much support and blessings to you.

45. Susan Bischak, CCN Says:
    March 2nd, 2010 at 10:49 pm

Prevention if the best policy, and the cheapest too! It must start with education so people learn to make better choices. What people choose to eat will set them up for good or bad health, so their choices matter. Larry’s program helps kids learn at a young age when patterns can be set for life. We need good patterns set, not what has been the norm, fostered by fast food chains and junk food manufacturers interested in your money, not your health. Every healthy diet must include an abundance of vegetables and some fruit. Fresh, raw produce is the best of all.

46. Mrs. Ward Says:
    March 5th, 2010 at 12:39 am

I think this is a great idea that Mrs. Obama has come up with. When I was growin up my family had a garden across the street from the house. We ate great natural foods. We were outside more and u rarely saw over weight children. We need get back to during outsde family things. Eating more fruits and vegetables and not sitting around as much. The schools needs to help educate both parents and children on foods to eat and not eat. We all need to be reeducated on things to eat since we eat out more now than ever before. Most of us have gotten away from eating food at home with the family. We eat on the run, or we leave the children at home to feed themselves. And, we know most children will eat pizza, fried foods, and drink lots of sodas. We want have a future generation if they make some changes now for the future.

47. Wendy Says:
    March 5th, 2010 at 10:16 am

I agree with you that we have to work with the childs imagination to have the child become part of the solution and finding non theatening ways is good.
    I also am very pleased that Mrs. Obama feels that the issue of childhood obesity is such an important problem. If she reinforces this by being a role model, with activities such as her White House garden and then having students over for a tasting. Research has shown that nutrition habits are not just learned by textbook knowledge but fostered by hands on experiences.
    Anyway to have a child change his or her behavior is the goal.
    So Larry continue striving to create change by stimulating the childs imagination.

48. Nina Says:
    March 5th, 2010 at 11:43 pm

Kids are creative little people who do enjoy positive infuence. As adults and rolemodels we need to show them the better choices. I have seen the SunPower KIdz and feel they are a good way of sharing better food values. Healthy Habits lead to healthy children. I liked to say thanks to The SunPower Kidz and Michelle Obama lets get our children fit..

49. jean Says:
    March 6th, 2010 at 10:17 am

As we know childhood obesity is rampant in the good ‘ole USA, leading to adult obesity behaviors. I believe we have to get back to the basics….our forefathers didn’t have all the preservative knowledge we have today and i think our obese society is perpetuated by these chemicals and the use of plastics too…..if we lived a simpler life filled with good eating habits, fruits and vegs, then we would all be healthier…and our children would have sound eating values…so i say , in closing, way to go SunPower Kidz!

50. Rich S. Says:
    March 17th, 2010 at 1:42 pm

An interactive program which teaches children the right way to eat and UNDERSTAND how important it is to make the right decisions, is long overdue! FORTUNATELY, SunPower Kidz is that vehicle.
    With mindless cartoons such as “Spongebob,” “SunPower Kidz” has a REAL message to deliver AND is a fun way to learn!
    I certainly hope that Mrs. Obama picks up on your Monumental Program!
    Rich Silverstein
    R.A.S. Medical Systems, Inc.

51. Peggy Bobeldyk Says:
    April 13th, 2010 at 11:03 pm

SunPower Kidz a great concept. Our kids need help in good eating habits. What a fun way to learn.

Comments